Carolina Behavioral Care provides 24 hour, 7 days a week emergency services for our patients. During weekday regular hours, call the call center at 844-534-7208. During weekdays the call center staff will assist you with the emergency and provide contact with your provider.
For after hours and weekends, a Carolina Behavioral Care clinician is on call for emergency services. To access this service, call 844-534-7208.
Sandhills Center for Mental Health MCO
This MCO serves the mental health needs of patiences in Moore, Montgomery, Anson, Richmond, Lee. Harnett, Hoke, Randolph and Guiford counties in N.C. Access Crisis Line: 1-800-256-2452
Cardinal Innovations MCO
This MCO serves the mental health needs of patients in the Piedmont, Alamance, Caswell, five county, Orange, Person and Chatham counties, Mecklenberg County and the Triad Region of N.C. Access Crisis Line: 1-800-939-5911
Alliance Behavioral Health MCO
This MCO serves the mental health needs of patients in Durham, Wake, Johnston and Cumberland Counties in N.C. Access Crisis Line: 1-800-510-9132
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Access Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
Connects to local crisis center 24/7.
General Mental Health Resources
- American Psychiatric Association - Learn more about specific topics in mental health including symptoms, precalence, up-to-date treatment options, and support resources. Easy to use search by mental illness and population.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - Helpline: (800) 950-6264 - NAMI is a large national organization dedicated to helping parents find the services they need to help their children with mental illness. NAMI has chapters, called affiliates, all over the United States and offers a rich array of services and opportunities. This is the place to start when you go looking for support and education. NAMI sponsors parents' groups, siblings' groups, and offers the Family-to-Family education program, a free 12-week course in living with a person with mental illness, taught by family members. NAMI's website also has many helpful links and a lot of information about mental illness, advocacy, and support.
- National Institute of Mental Health - Division of the national Institutes of Health (U.S. government health research) that focuses on research about mental illness and mental health issues.
- WebMD - Provides resources on a variety of health issues, prescription medication and supplements, family, lifestyle, and the latest in health news.
- Mental Health Net
Child Mental Health Resources
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - Learn more about symptoms and resources for child and adolescent mental illness and substance use concerns. Includes up-to-date information about specific disorders (ADHD, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, autism, and others) and psychiatric medications. Explains what a child psychiatrist does and how to locate psychiatrists in your area.
- Child Mind Institute - An independant nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Provides excellent information and resources regarding children's mental health issues.
- Understood - Excellent resource for information and resources regarding childhood learning and attention issues.
- Autism Speaks - An autism advocacy organization that provides support, information, and resources regarding Autism Spectrum Disorders.