Welcome to the televisit information center. At Carolina Behavioral Care we offer HIPAA compliant online services for new and current patients residing in North Carolina. Patients can access these services from desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablets. The service array offered by telehealth is the same as those outlined under the Treatment Section and includes psychiatric, substance abuse, and therapy services.
Our telehealth services are also integrated with the in-house pharmacy and lab services offered at CBC. This integrated care model will allow your provider to have all prescriptions filled in our pharmacy and mailed to you for your convenience. We will also manage any drug testing monitoring needs by mail service to your home.
OR CALL 844-534-7208
At CBC our goal is to offer seamless integrated televisit, in house pharmacy and drug testing services.
Through a collaborative relationship with the Department of Psychiatry at East Carolina Medical School, Carolina Behavioral Care is a telepsychiatry provider for NCSTeP. This service provides psychiatric consultations to emergency room patients throughout North Carolina. We utilize televideo conferencing capabilities to perform mental health assessments, treatment and disposition recommendations for patients in underserved areas of N.C.
In addition to our emergency room services, we also offer TeleVisits directly to our patient’s smartphone, tablet or computer. Call today to make an appointment!
NORTH CAROLINA IS OUR COMMUNITY!
Why do I get an error after clicking my provider’s name on the list? It tells me my browser is not supported.
Please ensure you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox when connecting. If you’re using an iPhone/iPad, please use Safari.
Do I need to download anything?
No. We use a Telemedicine platform that works without the need for extra software. This is done to make it as easy as possible for you to connect with your provider.
Need Help Connecting?
Connecting to your TeleVisit appointment
Use these general steps to connect to your TeleVisit appointment:
- You will be sent an email/text message with an Internet link to use to connect to CBC’s TeleMedicine service prior to your appointment.
- Twenty minutes prior to your appointment, tap/click the Internet link you received and you will be taken to a page with a list of CBC providers. We ask you connect early to complete any forms you may have on your patient portal and in case of any technical difficulty.
- Find the name of the provider you have an appointment with and tap/click their name/picture to begin connecting with them.
- At this point you will be taken to the waiting room.
- IMPORTANT – At this point, you will be asked to allow access to your camera and microphone. This is necessary for your provider to see and hear you.
- When your provider is ready for you, they will begin your session.
- Congratulations! You have now connected to your appointment.
- Device – Working PC/Mac with a camera and microphone, Windows laptop/Macbook. Chromebooks are also supported!
– OR –
- Mobile Device – Smartphone (iPhone, Android or Blackberry) or tablet (Android or iPad).
- Internet – Device must have internet through WiFi or cellular/mobile data (i.e.: 4G, 5G).
- Email Address – Patients must provide a valid email address to receive TeleMedicine invitations. We do not sell or provide your email to any outside organizations. It is simply used to send appointment notifications and allows access the patient portal.
How to Prepare For the TeleVisit
- Call Quality – Use a room where wireless Internet works best. Patients that rely upon their cell phone’s data, go to an area where they get the most bars (signal).
- Privacy – Have the TeleVisit appointment in a separate room that allows for privacy.
- Distractions – See if a friend or family member can watch children or other dependents while you have your TeleVisit appointment.